XCOM 2 is the sequel to the 2012 Game of the Year; award-winning strategy game XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Twenty years have passed since world leaders offered an unconditional surrender to alien forces and XCOM the planet’s last line of defense was left decimated and scattered. Now the aliens rule Earth building shining cities that promise a brilliant future for humanity on the surface while concealing a sinister agenda below and eliminating all who dissent from their new order.
Only those who live at the edges of the world have a margin of freedom. Here a force gathers once again to stand up for humanity. Always on the run the remnant XCOM forces must find a way to rise from the ashes expose the insidious truth behind the occupation and eliminate the alien threat once and for all.
- XCOM ON THE RUN: Take command of the Avenger an alien supply craft converted to XCOM’s mobile headquarters. Guide your strike force around the world build popular support and expose the aliens’ sinister plans.
- RECRUIT RESISTANCE FIGHTERS: Five soldier classes each with its own skill tree including new class abilities.
- TACTICAL GUERRILLA COMBAT: New gameplay systems offer more tactical flexibility in combat. The state of the world affects each combat mission’s environment. Use Concealment to ambush enemy patrols. Loot enemies for precious gear and artifacts. Rescue VIPs and save fallen comrades by carrying them to the extraction point.
- A NEW BREED OF ENEMY: A diverse cast of enemies including enforcers of the alien regime the ADVENT as well as powerful new alien species offering a distinct tactical challenge.
- RESEARCH DEVELOP AND UPGRADE: Configure and build rooms on the Avenger to give XCOM new capabilities on the battlefield. Use Scientists and Engineers to research develop and upgrade weapons and armor.
- EACH MISSION IS A UNIQUE CHALLENGE: Go on missions around the world from wild lands to the heart of the alien-controlled megacities to the depths of alien installations. With procedurally generated maps there are virtually infinite combinations of maps missions and goals.
- CREATE CUSTOM MODS: Community-focused tools allow you to create your own campaign tactical gameplay aliens classes strategy game features and share within the Steam Workshop.
- ENGAGE IN HEAD-TO-HEAD MULTIPLAYER: Mix-and-match squads of humans and aliens and battle head-to-head on randomly-generated maps.