The series that ignited the 3D fighting genre has returned to dish out more punishment. From the renowned team at SEGA-AM2; led by Virtua Fighter and Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki; comes Virtua Fighter 4 for the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system. This new version of the definitive hand-to-hand martial arts sim features fully-optimized graphics designed to harness the power of the PlayStation 2. But it’s not just about looks; and VF4 delivers an extremely deep fighting system; highly-tuned AI; and two new characters hungry for their place at the top. If you are new to the Virtua Fighter series; the in-depth training system will teach you the art of combat; move-by-move. Rewards await those who master every move; and you can expect to unlock a few secret techniques along the way. The series that started it all is back and ready to stand triumphant again on the PlayStation 2.
- Two new characters (Lei Fei and Vanessa Lewis) join 11 VF veterans for a grand total of 13 fighters each with their own unique styles based on real martial arts.
- New counters and defensive moves allow players to switch up their stances and fighting styles mid-bout.
- High-polygon character models exquisite detail and brilliant light-sourcing combine to create breathtaking visuals.
- Coach your own AI character — train a computer-controlled character through sparring and an easy-to-use rewards system then pit your character against a friend’s or challenge the arcade mode.
- A new accessory system allows you to customize your character’s clothing sunglasses hairstyles and more.
- Unlock special items that let you to learn devastating new moves.