Throughout the world; the people of the major powers throughout the land live in peace and prosperity; unaware that a great evil lurks on the horizon. There is a clandestine group; under the guise of scholarly research; plotting to resurrect a goddess whose time has long since passed. To achieve this goal; they need two things; a vessel of flesh and blood to house the spirit of the goddess; and the lives of every living being offered up as a sacrifice. It is against the backdrop of this coming chaos that Ares; an orphan from a small; forgotten village; sets out to seek his fortune as an adventurer. At the start of his journey; he encounters a beautiful young girl with mysterious powers named Shiera; who has not only lost her memories about herself; but also of the world around her. Together they embark on an adventure that will ultimately decide the fate of the entire world.
- Flexible Character Development System – Characters earn both Status and Skill Points each time they gain a level and these points can be allocated to customize the skills across a wide range of different job classes such as Swordsman Thief and Merchant.
- Upgradeable Weapons and Armor – Characters’ armor and weapons can be upgraded by a blacksmith or by affixing effect cards dropped by defeated monsters. Blacksmith upgrades will improve an item’s overall stats while effect cards boost specific features.
- Game Play Optimized for Touchscreen – All attacks and commands are performed on the Touchscreen. Slash with the stylus to attack with your sword and circle or tap the intended target to unleash magic spells.
- Wireless Party-based Multiplayer – Players can take on the Tower of Mirages with up to 2 other friends using DS Wireless Play or Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. With more than 50 floors randomly generated maps and completion conditions and the chance to obtain rare items players can enjoy this feature long after the main story has been completed.
- Cross-game Connectivity with Ragnarok Online – Special items for the original PC version can only be obtained through the DS version of the game. By providing cross-game connectivity with the PC version fans will be able to further enjoy both