Can you say ‘Dynasty?’ After two years of roundball domination on Dreamcast; Sega Sports unleashes its award-winning NBA franchise on the next-generation basketball court with NBA 2K2. Building upon a foundation of vibrant graphics and crisp; detailed player animation; NBA 2K2 talks the talk and walks the walk! High pick and roll? We got it! Killer crossover? Its in there! The big mans game? You betcha! On offense; use the versatile low post game to drop step around your defender and explode past him for a posterizing dunk; back him down into the key and pull up for a sweet hook; or lull him to sleep and pass to the open man. Tight AI defenders take away the baseline; deftly rotate to the open man and establish rebounding position in the paint.
- Authentic NBA play — Defensive player rotation intelligent ball movement pick and rolls smart coaching decisions and explosive moves deliver the true NBA basketball experience.
- Devastating new low post moves exclusively captured by NBA All-Star Rasheed Wallace — Exploit your defender with a quick drop step back him down into the key pull up for a sweet fadeaway or pass to the open man.
- New timing steal — Time your steals to jump in the passing lane to grab the ball or steal it out the ball handlers hand while he attempts a spectacular move.
- Broadcast-quality presentation — Dramatic camerawork inspired commentary TV-style overlays and exciting crowd reactions give the user the best seat in the house!
- All new playbooks and play system — Recreate NBA team plays and authentic coaching styles. Use the system to give your best offensive weapon the opportunity to embarrass his opponent.
- Enhanced one-on-one game — New moves and countermoves highlight the individual match-up experience. Master the new crossover and low post moves but beware of a well-positioned counter.
- Next-gen powered graphics — Detailed arenas and realistic player models with facial expressions that bring to life the emotions of the NBA player.
- Contextual player reactions — more realistic face-up stances players run toward the shooter to blocking three-pointers and automatic ball protection are just a few of the intelligent animations seen in the game.
- Real street courts — Hoop it up at nine of the most famous playgrounds around the country such as Rucker Park or Venice Beach.
- Up-to-date rosters uniforms signature moves and NBA rules for the 2001-2002 season — Play man or zone defense!
- New animations — More than 2200 total animations capture the elegance of the NBA game.
- Original soundtrack produced by star producer Jermaine Dupri and the Beatminerz