As the only officially licensed first party videogame by Major League Baseball Properties (MLBP); Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLBAM) and the Major League Baseball Players Association (MLBPA) ; MLB’06: The Show is set to unveil new core features and platform specific advancements. Across both the PlayStation 2 and PSP platforms; the all-new Rivalry Mode allows players to set up and maintain multi-game rivalries; while tracking stats for the life of the rivalry. For baseball fans seeking to master the art of pitching and batting the innovative King of the Diamond Mode brings players a classic playground duel where a pitcher and batter from opposing teams square off in a head-to-head mini game that showcases the intensity of the duel.
- To enhance the authenticity of the game and presentation MLB ’06: The Show combines authentic gameplay cut scenes animations and a Progressive Broadcast which adapts to current situations providing an unrivaled broadcast simulation . Additionally Rex Hudler joins Matt Vasgersian and Dave Campbell in a new Three-Man Booth for the most comprehensive game-specific commentary heard in any baseball videogame.
- MLB’06: The Show for PlayStation 2 reports to camp with the new Game Time Decisions feature bringing more depth to Franchise and Season Modes by providing scenarios in which users will need to take full control of their team and decide which players to place in the line up at critical times.
- Additionally the new 40-Man Roster feature offers the ability to take full control of a team’s roster and manage all 40 players for each and every game. For a complete package of unprecedentedonline options MLB’06: The Show now offers head-to-head gameplay for both King of the Diamond and Rivalry Mode to go along with 32-team tournaments live sports tickers downloadable rosters instant messaging and more.
- Additionally the implementation of a new online news service provides users with MLB updates on news and events from around the league or their favorite team.
- Returning gameplay favorites for PlayStation 2 include Release Point Pitching the Pitching Confidence Meter Guess Pitch EyeToy functionality and Career Mode with the all-new Career Spotlight feature that underscores accomplishments and showcases them in the limelight.