Set in a rich; dark fantasy universe; the game’s tense dungeon crawling; fearsome enemy encounters and groundbreaking online features combine for an utterly compelling experience. Dark Souls breaks down barriers with a seamless world that encourages exploration and demands adaptability. As players encounter terrifying enemies and discover new areas; the game’s foundation of challenge and reward permeates the experience delivering an unparalleled sense of achievement.
- In Dark Souls players have a new friend. The Beacon Fire is a key feature that will permeate the entire game
- universe serving a number of important functions for players as they battle on many levels to overcome the uniquely challenging universe.
- The game world of Dark Souls is seamless with no distinct levels and few loading times. Throughout the world the small warm light of the beacon fire will serve as a point of subtle relief that glows in the cold dark world that the player explores. The main functions of The Beacon Fire are as follows:
- Recovery Point: Use the fire to restore the Life Gauge
- Restart Point: When a player dies in the game they can restart from the last Beacon Fire helping players progress in the face of adversity and death
- Sharing Point: Players may gather around the beacon fire to share the Dark Souls experience